Getting to know the later Hanse sources together!
If you’re interested in the Hanse History, this digital offer is for you! In cooperation with the archive of the city of Lübeck you can now transcribe archival sources alongside us. You have never transcribed anything before or need a refresher? This offer by Ad fontes will help (as of now, only available in German).
We will all be using Transkribus, a digital humanities programme that was created as a tool for predictive text. Based on already transcribed texts that are being fed into the programme, it learns to recognice handwritten manuscripts and will eventually be able to transcribe them on its own.
Our main focus with this project are the sources after 1600 that still lie in hanseatic archives, unaccessed and unedited – together we will change that!
Transcribing Hanse Sources
What can I do?
- General Information
- Visit https://transkribus.eu/r/read/projects/
- Use our Log-in information
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Hanse24/7
- Or register for your own account: https://transkribus.eu/Transkribus/
- Navigate from the home page to „My Collections“
- Open the project „Hanse.Quellen.Lesen! Die Spätzeit der Hanse gemeinsam entdecken (FGHO & AHL Community Science Project)"
- Pick a document from the list
- And off you go!